Are you a New Digital Marketer, New website owner, New blogger or a business owner with a website?
Are you keeping a track of traffic on your website?
So today I will help you with the following things.
- What is website traffic?
- Why it is important to keep track of your website traffic?
- How to calculate traffic on your website?
What is website traffic?
Website traffic is basically a number of users who visit a website.
Website traffic is mainly determined by two metrics:
- Pageviews- The total number of pages that a visitor has browsed on your website.
- Unique visitors- The number of new users landed on your website.
Why it is important to keep track of your website traffic?
- To know who your audience is.
- To know audience behavior on your site.
- To track your off-page marketing activities.
- To track your revenue/goals.
How to calculate traffic on your website?
We can use the following tools:
- Google Analytics
- Similar Web
There a lot of tools in the market, but these are a few tools that are pretty much free.
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is totally free to use and one of the most accurate tools designed by Google itself.
It also has a paid version called Google Analytics 360, where you can get access to more detailed metrics.
Even though Google Analytics gives you a lot of details in the free version but if you want to go one-up in the analytics field you can try Google Analytics 360.
As it provides even better and detailed reports.
We recommend using a free version if you are anew user.
SEMrush is all in one SEO tool, that monitors organic position and traffic of your domain.
All you have to do is just enter your Domain in the search bar and there you go.
It also shows various other metrics like Organic search traffic, Paid search traffic, backlinks and display advertising.
3. Similar Web
If you are a new blogger and you don’t have a lot of credit to spend on tools, this is the right one.
You can use SimilarWeb to get insights into your website as well as your competitor’s website traffic.
SimilarWeb also has a paid version that offers a lot of more detailed Insights.
Traffic analysis is a must when it comes to keeping a track of your online performance and strategize towards increasing traffic on your website.
To make sure that you use to choose your tools wisely.
There are thousands of tools that are similar to these tools mentioned above.
Pick one that you can understand the best, use it for a while and later on if you think you need a bit more, you can always upgrade to paid plans.
Did you miss out on any of your favorite tools?
Mention in the comment section and we will try to add them to this list.
And if you need any help in keeping track of your performance, be free to drop us a mail.
- How to calculate traffic on your website - January 20, 2020
- How to get 3000+ traffic in 30 days on your website for free - January 8, 2020
- How to Promote Blog in 2020 : 15 Tips & Tricks to High Traffic - December 5, 2019